Is booking hotels in Thippannapet safe for unmarried couples?
Thippannapet is considered one of the popular cities in and booking a hotel there is not a hard task. Social communities are what make the hotel stay harder for travelers. Many social communities at Thippannapet are not very broad-minded. This community poses restrictions for unmarried couples who want to enjoy their privacy with both of their mutual consents. But there is no need of fearing the community. The new generation of educated and even uneducated Indians are starting to respect the privacy of the unmarried couples who want to spend time with each other.
Unmarried couples and hotel rooms – Rights, tips and requirements to stay in hotels
India is an ancient and diverse country and has evolved a lot in the past few decades. In the past few years, people have abruptly accepted modern lifestyle which broadens our outlook and attitude towards different aspects of life. The improved perspective of our society is a result of education, freedom and privacy.
In today’s modern time, people frequently go on trips with their friends, fiancé and families. But sometimes, numerous hotels do not rent rooms to unmarried boys and girls or couples causing them problem violating their fundamental rights. In spite of the acceptance for all the leaps and bounds happening in modernization still, there are boundaries as well as restrictions that we have cultivated since ages. In this era of change, one thing remains the same, love is still bound with many rules and customs by the guardians of our society. Couple walking hand in hands in a park to spend some quality time are generally frowned upon. Unmarried couples find it difficult to get their quality time in public places. In order to spend some private time, couples often book hotel rooms and spend their quality time.
Rights and facts to know before booking a hotel room
- Sometimes if an unimpeachable unmarried couple goes ahead and books a hotel room, in order to spend some private time, they are looked upon as defaulters by unwelcoming staff.
- Unmarried couples are questioned by the hotel authorities and all this scenario makes it involuntary to believe that it is ‘illegal’ for an unmarried couple to stay in a hotel.
- It is an utter lie when hoteliers tell that unmarried couples are not legally allowed to stay together in hotels.
- The Supreme court of India doesn’t state anywhere that booking of hotel rooms by an unmarried couple or opposite gender friends is illegal.
- Sudha Ramalinga quoted, “No one can restrict a couple from staying together, choosing to live or rent a room together is their personal choice which comes under freedom of movement which cannot be confined”, says senior advocate
- HAI spokesperson Bharat Bhushan said,“ We are not aware of any policies or rules that prohibits unmarried couples to stay together in a hotel or anywhere else”.
Tips to the book hotel room for unmarried couples
- There are several chains of couple’s friendly hotels that allow unmarried couples to stay at their place and rent them rooms for a desired number of days.
- Book your hotel room online on websites like goibibo.com, Oyo or stayuncles.com and mention stay for 2 people. Make sure the hotel you are booking for stay is couple friendly.
- While looking for a desired room and place, choose a superior hotel rather than inns or motels as they are less likely to repudiate your service.
- Always call the front desk about 2-3hours before u check in and confirm the stay.
- In case, if the hotel denies giving you a room at the time of check-in, you can simply contact the customer service number of the respective website where you booked a hotel from.
- Prefer taking a cab to the hotel, vehicles with number plates are usually frowned upon.
The requirement for unmarried couples to stay in a hotel
- ID proof: Most of the hotels requires an individual to show their government ID proof to book a hotel room. Some hotels accept the local ID proof such as aadhar card and some do not.
Whether you are a group of unmarried friends or a couple, each individual must have their own identity proof which hotel keeps a copy of.
- Age limit: Every hotel mentions the minimum age limit of guests in their policies. By the law, the legal age for any guest at a hotel in India is 18 years. At the end of the day, the right to allow a guest of a certain age is in the hands of the hotel.
All the websites mention the other requirements if any.
How to Book Hotel Online
By Android Application
Book your hotels easily with any android app. All you have to do is install a hotel booking app like OYO, Makemytrip etc.. from the Google play store and sign up. You can sort hotels based on the location and date you are planning to go, and check room availability. If you liked a particular hotel, then you can directly pay using a card or UPI. You will get a confirmation message and code and you can show this at the reception or say your name and show your ID card on arrival.
Booking hotels using the website is fairly easy. You can search the name of the hotel and check the availability of rooms on the specified date. Or if you are not sure about the hotel, you can rely upon online booking sites and travel/trip booking websites. Search for your destination, Filter your hotel results, check the prices. You can also compare different hotel prices using various third-party sites as well. After confirming you can make the payment via card or cash on arrival as per the hotel rules.
By Calling the Hotel Staff
Even though online booking is popular these days, some people prefer booking hotels via calls and in person. This will help users to avoid any problems related to online confirmations and booking issues. All you have to do is search for the hotel number and make a call to the reception or booking number. You can inform the name, date of arrival, days of stay and number of rooms you want, also enquire about any special preferences or cab facilities as per the hotel traditions.
Leave a Reply